If you are considering to study in the UK, look no further. You just have found numerous reasons to study in London, the best city on Earth!
Here are top 10 facts about studying in London
- London is the top choice for international students looking to study abroad. Over 100,000 international students are studying in London every year. International students come from over 200 different nations, making London a global, vibrant and diverse city.
- There are over 45 universities in London, including top multi-faculty universities and world-class specialist institutions.
- Several of the best universities in the world are located in London, including four of the Times Higher Education top 40 universities.
- London universities offer over 30,000 courses from accounting, business, engineering and law to marketing, medicine, politics and zoology.
- Universities in London have a combined research income of over £500 million ($820 million), attracting not only the brightest students but also renowned academics from across the globe.
- Current and past students and staff at London universities have been involved in many discoveries that have shaped modern life, including the discovery of DNA, fingerprints and penicillin.
- London is a centre for academic excellence. Over 70 Nobel Prize laureates have studied or worked at a London university.
- London offers outstanding academic support and facilities for students. There are over 120 different libraries, including the British Library which houses over 150 million books. Three million new items are added to the collection of the British Library every year.
- London’s cultural offering is ideal for students who are looking for a culturally enriching study experience. There are over 1,000 museums and galleries in London, and most of them are free!
- London is a great place for students to have fun. There are over 100 cinemas to watch the latest movies, over 100 parks to enjoy the British sunshine, over 350 live music venues to discover the latest bands, over 5,000 restaurants to enjoy food from around the world and over 7,000 bars and pubs to have fun with your friends.