Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The legal battle to overturn the election victory of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, commenced on Monday, with the Presidential Election Petitions Court promising to deliver justice ‘’for those deserving it.’’ The long-awaited pre-hearing proceeding, which was held at the Court of Appeal, Abuja, was presided over by Justice Haruna Tsammani.
2. There is tension in the camp of the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State as the Supreme Court today determines the authentic winner of the July 16, 2022 governorship election in the state.
3. Playwright, Prof. Wole Soyinka has termed as inappropriate and diversionary media reports that the presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the February 25, 2023 poll, Peter Obi’s visit to his Abeokuta, Ogun State residence on Sunday was for reconciliation.
4. The All Progressives Congress National Working Committee has nominated Godswill Akpabio and Abass Tajudeen as the next Senate President and House of Representatives speaker in the upcoming 10th National Assembly, respectively.
5. Monday’s crucial meeting of the National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress, APC, was almost disrupted by pockets of protest by aggrieved members of the party. Scores of demonstrators under the aegis of APC North-Central stakeholders stormed the national secretariat of the party to register their displeasure over the alleged marginalization of their region in the zoning of the Senate presidency.
6. Gunmen suspected to be bandits stormed the palace of the Emir of Kagarko in southern part of Kaduna State, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, and took away nine of his children, grandchildren and three others in the town. A resident, who spoke to our reporter, said the gunmen stormed the area around 11:15 pm and headed directly to the Emir’s residence.
7. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released results of the 80,000 candidates who participated in the mop-up Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The mop-up exam took place on Saturday, May 6, 2023.
8. The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi has said Nigerians, irrespective of party affiliations, should support the incoming administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu after inauguration on May 29. The foremost monarch spoke in Lagos while hosting a delegation from Kenyan President, William Ruto at his Lagos residence.
9. The Yaba Magistrates’ court on Monday remanded three suspected cultists for alleged murder, robbery and unlawful possession of arms. They were accused of killing one Victor Isa.
10. Three of the remaining seven girls of the Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri, Kebbi State, being held by bandits have been released. The chairman of parents of the Abducted School Girls’ Forum, Malam Salim Kaoje said on Monday that the newly released girls arrived at Kebbi on Monday afternoon.
You must log in to post a comment.