Advertisements

Prince Died Of Opioid Overdose, Toxicology Report Confirms.

Prince reportedly died from an opioid overdose which he "self administered". A press release from the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office in Minnesota said that the singer died from an accidental fentanyl overdose taken without a doctor's prescription.

Fentanyl is a powerful opiate, affecting the central nervous system. The drug is 30 to 50 times more powerful than heroin and 50 to 100 times as potent as morphine.

The iconic musician was found dead in his home in Paisley Park, Minnesota, on April 21. He was 57. An autopsy was completed a day later.

The press release also stated that Prince had scars on his left hip and right lower leg. As collaborated by his former fiancee and music collaborator Sheila E. in a chat with “Good Morning America”, the famous musician didn’t have any life-threatening ailments before death. His only ill-health was the many injuries sustained during performances.

“We know that he’s had issues with his hips,” she said. “If you look back in the days of ‘Purple Rain’ when he was on top of risers and jumping down off risers in those heels, you know, it damaged parts of his body.”

She added, “I know we’re always injured when we play onstage. I don’t know anything other than that.”

Image: How Prince died.

Read: Prince’s Rumored Girlfriend, Delilah Hurts.

Read: Weird Sex Confessions From Charlene Friend (Late Prince’s Ex-Lover).

Prince was an avid performer and was on his “Piano and a Microphone” tour days before he died. After his death, his longtime attorney L. Londell McMillan disputed suggestions that the singer had a drug addiction.

“People use medication. The question is, are you on meds in a dangerous way?” he said, noting that Prince was a vegan.

“Everybody who knows Prince knows he wasn’t walking around drugged up,” McMillan said. “That’s foolish. No one ever saw Prince and said, ‘He looks high.’ It wasn’t what he was about.”

But there were clues that Prince may have struggled with opioid use. The day before he died, his team contacted Dr. Howard Kornfeld, a California-based opioid-addiction specialist, according to attorney William Mauzy.

Mauzy said that Kornfeld’s son Andrew Kornfeld was sent to meet with the singer but that after he arrived at Paisley Park, he, among others, discovered Prince unconscious in an elevator.

A search warrant connected to the death investigation showed Prince met with Dr. Michael Todd Schulemberg on April 7 and 20. Schulemberg, who was delivering the results of medical tests on April 21, was among those present when the singer’s body was discovered.

Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson said in a Facebook post that the family will hold an official memorial in August.

Read: Yellow Guitar Used By Prince Goes On Auction.

Read: Carlin Q. Williams, 39, Claims Prince Is His Biological Father.

Read: Enjoy Selected 16 Tracks From Prince Released On Stage by Soul Clap.

Advertisements
About meziesblog.com (4133 Articles)
I'm a China-based teacher, blogger and freelance writer readily available for hire.

11 Comments on Prince Died Of Opioid Overdose, Toxicology Report Confirms.

  1. It’s a pity what being a celeb can do to people. Looking at this, some people will prefer to die a common man.

  2. Michael Jack, Prince and many more have died in this way but if police looks more, it may not really be the drugs. People can murder the celebrities and blame it on drugs.

  3. I couldn’t resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
    I’ll right away seize your rss as I can not find your email
    subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Thanks.

  4. It’s not really too bad that celebrities go on drugs. The demands of being famous weighs them down. They’re human beings though seen as gods. But a good doctor should know how to look after them.

  5. What a revelation! But I still agree that most celebrities are forced to go on drugs due to pressures of keeping up with the challenges. It’s not easy at all. Not even when he had health issues.

  6. Pauline Micko // November 4, 2016 at 9:39 AM // Reply

    I will visit your website often.

  7. The world knows celebrities, a huge part of them, are drug addicts. Both male and female.

  8. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a
    very well written article.

  9. Dabby Nichole // November 30, 2016 at 6:13 AM // Reply

    Well I truly like to visit your website because I like what I get. Thanks.

  10. Too sad to know he’s gone. His death is still remembered and forever remain in our minds. RIP Prince.

  11. We are now registered for your newsletters.

3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks

  1. 7 June Now A Public Holiday (Prince Day) In Minnesota. | Meziesblog
  2. Prince’s Famed Guitar Rakes In £100,000. | Meziesblog
  3. “Madonna Is So Obsessed With Being Young,” Donna Lewis Says (18+). – Meziesblog

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: