Meet The Unluckiest but Luckiest Man to Be Alive

If a cat has 9 lives, this man sure has 10 or even more.

May I humbly introduce to you the unluckiest but luckiest man to be alive.

You may call him the man who has more lives that the proverbial cat’s nine, because he miraculously survived death from a 4ft iron pole that pierced through one side of his skull and came out from the other. The accident happened after the man [a skilled biker] crashed into a ditch, The Sun reported.

Paul Bradshaw is reported to be a professional biker from Scunthorpe, Lincs, and a member of the Scunthorpe Bike Club.

Experienced biker Paul Bradshaw impaled his head on a spike when he crashed into a ditch while out riding on his motorbike

Image: Paul Bradshaw

He was riding in a group of bikers when he crash-landed in a ditch.

That was how the super-story began, with an iron bar lodging through his head on June 8.

Call it an act of grace if you believe in God. Maybe that’s just what it is.

On arrival at the hospital in an ambulance, the team of doctors who operated on the 55-year-old survivor had doubts he would make it alive. So they requested to give his family one last chance of seeing him before the surgery.

It’s yet a miracle that the “favored man” walked away from his hospital bed two days later, leaving doctors and everyone with mouth wide open.

Paul made a quick recovery as if what happened to him was a bruise on the arm.

This shocking X-ray shows the spike going right through Paul's head. Surgeons took four and a half hours to remove the spike from the dad-of-two's head

Image shows Paul’s X-ray from the hospital with an iron rod.

The survivor [a father to two kids] is said to be a flooring contractor. Reports confirm doctors spent 4 hours and 30 minutes to complete his operation after the accident.

Paul who made a remarkable recovery is said to only feel a little pain in his mouth–nothing else. No other injuries and nothing life-threatening.

This is what he said: “I’ve been biking for many, many years.

“I don’t remember anything about the crash – all I can remember is being at home sat on my bike, waiting for one of my friends to come, and then I woke up in hospital.

“Around 15 of us went out for a ride, but I don’t remember meeting up with anyone or riding anywhere.

“The accident happened after about two-and-a-half hours, but I don’t even remember leaving the house.

“James Bell, the rider behind me, said I’d gone round a bend and my brake lights had come on, and then I veered across the road and into a ditch.

“I never even came off my bike – when the air ambulance came I was still sat on it, they say I was conscious but I have no memory of it.

“When I went down into the ditch, there was a steel reinforcement bar like the kind used to put up temporary fences left in the ditch – it came over my right shoulder, into my neck and out the left side of my mouth.

“Doctors told me they don’t know how I didn’t die – they said I was the unluckiest but luckiest man to be alive.”

Paul Bradshaw, 55 who was impaled with a metal spike

Look at the iron he’s holding on his hand and you’ll realize why this man is the unluckiest but luckiest man alive.

Paul started work two weeks later after he left the hospital, following a major surgery.

He said: “I remember waking up, and being shocked that there was a nurse standing next to me.

“When they started telling me what had happened it sent shivers down my spine – I was gobsmacked.

“I remember making a comment to the nurse that doctors had said I needed more iron in my diet!

“By the time I came round I felt fine – I didn’t really have any pain, although my mouth was a bit sore and my teeth were smashed, but other than that and a little bit of bruising I’m fine.

“I was going at quite a slow speed when I crashed, so there’s not really much damage to me or to my motorbike.

“It was very touch and go for a while – when I got to hospital they didn’t operate immediately because they wanted to wait for my wife Linda and twin daughters to see me first, because they didn’t know if I’d pull through.

“The doctors have said every time they look at the X-rays, they can’t understand how I’m alive – and not only that, but I walked out of hospital less than two days later.

“Most people are pretty dumbfounded that I got away alive.

“I was told the spike was millimeters away from me dying from asphyxiation or hemorrhaging, or being paralyzed from the neck down.

“It’s a miracle really – doctors have used that word with me time and time again, and they don’t use it lightly.

“For the first six weeks it was difficult to eat – food had to be liquidized and drunk through a straw – but I’ve made an incredible recovery, and I was even back at work in two weeks.”

Thanks be to God for one more life spared.

Leave a Reply