Peter Obi’s petition challenging Tinubu’s victory in court key points
1) Tinubu’s non-qualification to contest grounds of Obi and Labour Party’s prayers are that as of the time of Shettima’s nomination as Vice Presidential candidate he was still the senatorial candidate of the APC in a senatorial district in Borno State. An act that contravenes the Electoral Act 2022.
The second ground is Tinubu’s drug case in the US.(an official of the US Justice Department is listed as witness here and might likely be testifying in court)
- Labour Party and Peter Obi are claiming to have obtained accreditation data from Amazon Cloud which hosts INEC’s accreditation data and are ready to subpoena the staff or officials of Amazon as witnesses.
- Obi and Labour Party are contending that there was over voting in Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti, etc, as accreditation data did not correspond with the votes recorded from these states.
- That Labour Party’s votes were wrongly allocated to APC and Tinubu in over 18,000 polling units across the country.
- That Labour Party won in Rivers and Benue.
6.That Tinubu did not score 25% in Abuja.
- That INEC failed to follow its own guidelines for the conduct of the elections.
You must log in to post a comment.