- Small pochettes have quickly become the handheld staple of working women who need to keep their phone, travel card (and lipstick) close to hand.
2. The slimline pochette can be housed within a larger tote and plucked out for meetings when being a bag lady ce n’est pas chic.
3. Treat as a small document pouch to keep files (and show tickets) looking crisp.
4. Large simple pouch, £325, Victoria Beckham.
5. Danish star Pernille Teisbaek favours metallics to add another dimension to monochrome looks.
6. T pouch, £425, Loewe.
Liberty’s London collection of punchy prints make the perfect antidote to sober coats.
8. Liberty London pouch, £95, Liberty.
9. For a clash-happy ensemble symmetrical pouch patterns work best.
10. Sleek black minimal designs will never date and will sit discreetly within your work handbags.
11. The trend for faux fur has quickly transferred onto handbags.
12. Try colour co-ordinating clutches with another key element of your look.
13. Large essential flat pouch, £75, Aspinal.