Will Harry Kane and Tottenham accept massive bid from Manchester City?

Manchester City are prepared to increase their bid for Harry Kane following the conclusion of Euro 2020, according to reports.

Largely thanks to this summer’s European Championship, it has been a slow start to an important transfer window for City, but things may soon pick up the pace.

Harry Kane Meziesblog
LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 06: Harry Kane of Tottenham Hotspur celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Group B match of the UEFA Champions League between Tottenham Hotspur and PSV at Wembley Stadium on November 6, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

The Blues are hoping to recruit England hero Jack Grealish from Aston Villa and are also looking to replace departed legend Sergio Aguero, with Three Lions captain Kane emerging as the top target.

The Tottenham talisman made his intentions to leave North London after yet another trophyless campaign clear prior to the tournament, but a departure isn’t quite that easy.

Kane still has three years remaining on his contract at Spurs and Daniel Levy is determined to keep hold of his prized asset, saying he will ‘protect’ the club’s interests in the transfer market.

Speculation has previously suggested that City have bid £100million for the 27-year-old – denied by club sources – but are now reportedly willing to up that price.

According to The Athletic, the two clubs remained in talks throughout Euro 2020 – though they were kept quiet in order to not disrupt Kane’s tournament – and that City would be prepared to increase their offer for the striker from that £100m ‘bid’, which is said to have included a part-exchange conversation.

With Spurs holding out for £150m, it’s claimed that City are prepared to increase their offer but would have to let players leave first. Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus are named as potential departures to free up funds.

Meanwhile, new Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira is looking at former club City for signings, it’s being reported.

Eurosport say Vieira is in contact with City and also Arsenal over potential signings, with Claudio Gomes identified as a potential target.

The defensive midfielder or defender, 20, was a mainstay for the under-23s last season, and the report says he could be loaned out to Palace.

He played three times for the first team last term and featured in a handful more matchday squads.