The mother to a child whose body was found in a refuse dump has been charged to court after post-mortem revealed the baby died as a result of multiple stab wounds.
The wicked mom was arraigned for murder at Wellington Court, Burnley.
Investigators swung into action following a report from the toddler’s father who is still haunted by the bloody sight at their home in Lancashire.
Police confirmed the 15 January incident, saying the accused mom is believed to have inflicted multiple stab wounds on her newborn child and dumped the body inside her kitchen bin.
A male suspect who was arrested for the crime has been proven innocent after cops said they are “completely satisfied” that he played no role in the gruesome murder of an innocent child.
The 26-year-old mum named Rachel Tunstill will be arraigned in court today 28 January, 2017.
After today’s court hearing, the baby’s mother will face the jury again at Preston Crown Court on 7 April, 2017, reports confirm.
Rachel, a Burnley native, is married to Ryan, who spoke with reporters on the incident, saying: “It’s a trying time for us all at the moment.”
Neighbors are still in shock after news of the murder spread around the couple’s location. Police said they’re working with every available evidence to reveal any hidden motives behind the crime.
“I was shocked when I heard what had happened,” a grieving neighbor said, according to The Sun. “It’s horrible what’s happened.
“They are a quiet couple, they’ve lived here about four years.
“I always see her come out to the car park to get a taxi to go to work.
“They didn’t bother anyone on the estate really, everyone else knows each other, kept themselves to themselves really.”
Coroner Michael Singleton said: “I will adjourn this mention hearing until March 2 anticipating the inquest will be suspended due to crown court proceedings.”
Jill Johnston, a Chief Inspector with Lancashire Police, told reporters at a press briefing: “Following a complex investigation and after consulting with the Crown Prosecution Service we have today charged the mother of the new born baby with murder.
“We are completely satisfied that the man who was arrested was not involved in the baby’s death.
“He has been released without charge and my thoughts are with him at this difficult time.
“Both he and the baby’s wider family are being supported by specially trained officers.
“I would like to thank the community for their co-operation and understanding during what has so far been a difficult and sensitive inquiry and I am sure that co-operation will continue.”