Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Against the backdrop of the terror alerts issued by both the United States and the United Kingdom last week, the Federal Government, on Monday, assured Nigerians to go about their lawful businesses as the country is safe and secure.
2. Emotions have been high over the rumored death of Ifeanyi Adeleke, son of popular music artiste, Davido, and his fiancée, Chioma Rowland. Unconfirmed reports hinted that Davido’s first son drowned in a swimming pool at his residence in the Banana Island area of Lagos State.
3. One of the released victims of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway abduction, Aminat Taiwo, has narrated how her father paid N3.2m to her kidnappers before she was released alongside her friend, Tobi Orekoya. Aminat, who spoke to reporters on Monday, said her father took the ransom to the kidnappers deep in the forest, where they were held.
4. Trial continued on Monday for the driver of the Lagos Bus Rapid Transit, Andrew Ominikoron, who allegedly murdered a fashion designer, Oluwabamise Ayanwole. The police witness, Goddy Ihende was cross-examined by the defence counsel, Abayomi Omotubora, at the Lagos State High Court sitting at the Tafawa Balewa Square.
5. A woman, Cecilia Idowu, has been arraigned before an Ondo State Chief Magistrates’ Court sitting at Akure, the State capital, for allegedly killing her tenant, Stephen Haruna, and burying his corpse in a well. The incident occurred on Oke-Igbala Street, Oge, Okeagbe, Akoko, Akoko North-West Local Government Area of the State.
6. The naira fell to N818/$1 at the parallel market on Monday in Abuja and N815 in Lagos as it continued to lose its value. It was learnt that the naira is currently under high selling pressure in the black market following CBN’s announcement that the newly redesigned naira notes would start circulating in the economy from December 15, 2022.
7. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday said 124,963 Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) have remained uncollected in Sokoto State. According to the electoral body, some of the PVCs have been lying unclaimed in their office since 2019.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari is travelling to the United Kingdom for a medical check-up today. The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, disclosed this on Monday, saying the president will return to the country in the second week of November.
9. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday, told a Federal High Court in Kano that Abdulkareem Abdulsalam Zaura (popularly known as AA Zaura), the senatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano central is nowhere to be found for the commencement of his trial.
10. Governor Nyesom Wike has boasted that Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will win all elections in 2023 polls in Rivers State except for the presidential election until the right thing is done. Wike said this yesterday during swearing-in of newly engaged 319 Ward and 32 Constituency Liaison Officers in Port Harcourt.
You must log in to post a comment.