Advertisements

Music Icon Prince, May Have Died Of Mislabeled Pills

Music icon Prince tragically passed away at the young age of 57 from an alleged self-administered overdose of fentanyl, but recent investigations say some mislabeled pills have been found at the singer’s home.

Image: Prince

This new finding brings a whole new version to what might have actually killed the famous singer.

His mysterious death is now back to the spotlight as some of the pills taken for tests from Prince’s estate in Paisley Park after his death were said to be counterfeit drugs that actually contained fentanyl – a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin, an official close to the investigation said Sunday.

Rumors are rife that the “Purple Rain” singer may have been a victim of murder as pills found in the bottles labeled as “vitamins and aspirins” were in fact, fentanyl.

Image: Prince

The official, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, said nearly two dozen pills found in one Aleve bottle were falsely labeled as “Watson 385.”

According to Drugs.com, that stamp is used to identify pills containing a mix of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, but the official said at least one of the pills tested positive for fentanyl.

Autopsy results released in June show Prince died April 21 of an accidental fentanyl overdose.

The official who spoke to the AP said records show the 57-year-old Prince had no prescription for any controlled substances in the state of Minnesota in the 12 months before he died.

Authorities are still investigating how Prince obtained the drugs in order to verify if he knew they contained fentanyl.

Advertisements
About meziesblog.com (4135 Articles)
I'm a China-based teacher, blogger and freelance writer readily available for hire.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: