Kim Kardashian West has upgraded her security outfit with special forces veterans who are expected to make meaningful and speedy contributions in the ongoing investigations following her $10 million loss at a Parisian hotel.
The 35-year-old suffered a life-threatening attack after five masked men with police badges allegedly cuffed, gagged and dumped her in a bath tub before ransacking her apartment for valuables last week.
A report from Page Six confirms Kanye’s family was recently spotted outside the Bowery Hotel, adding that “there was a huge security detail out front”.
“It looked presidential,” says a spy, according to the report.
“The security team was well-dressed, about four or five of them. There was another security guard near the maitre d’ stand at the entrance to the lobby, but he didn’t have a big circle around him inside.”
Kimmy lost lost two iPhones in the robbery together with a diamond ring worth around $4 million, and a jewelry box.
Heartbroken Kanye West, who has taken security issues as a top priority before the incident, says he won’t stop until the culprits are brought to book.
The rapper has enlisted security experts in his payroll and the family’s security team has seen a big change.
Image: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
A report from the Sunday People says: “They’ve decided to use their own experts as part of their security overhaul. Some of them have worked for the world’s top intelligence agencies. If anyone can get to the bottom of what went on, these guys will.
“For Kim, it’s about feeling safe. She needs to know that a security breach like this will never happen again.
“For Kanye, it’s about knowing exactly who is responsible.”
And it has been claimed that Kim is looking for a body double after her terrible ordeal in which five armed, masked men stormed into her room and tied her up with plastic handcuffs and duct tape.
A source previously said: “There’s a circus that follows Kim’s every move. Her new security team is recommending she employ a body double to help confuse would-be assailants.”
Meanwhile, 39-year-old Kanye, who kicked off his long expected ‘Saint Pablo’ tour over the weekend, had to delay the musical events for a third time so he could take care of family issues. Reports say he feels “helpless” since the unfortunate incident.
An insider explained: “Kanye says that it has been one of the hardest times of his life, that he feels helpless.
“This is a guy who isn’t used to feeling helpless at all. He’s usually in control. And now he sees that he could have lost her, and there wasn’t a thing he could do about it.”