It was all smiles and cheering in the post-match dressing room.
Pictures released by the squad’s official X account show the players jumping into the air in celebration.
Some stood on benches as others pumped their fists at the historic achievement they had just accomplished.
The nation will be hoping the same scenes of jubilation are repeated on Sunday.
‘It doesn’t get any better than this’ – Stanway
Midfielder Georgia Stanway has said the Lionesses “faced everything” to reach the final – and she “can’t wait” for it.
Stanway, who forced a lunging save from Matildas goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold today, said the team has earned their place by giving the tournament their all.
“Honestly, it doesn’t get any better than this,” she said in a video posted to the team’s X account, formerly known as Twitter.
“This feels so good. We have been thrown everything this tournament. We’ve faced everything, we’ve battled through everything and this is exactly what we deserve.
“We’ve gone about our business so good and this is exactly where we’re meant to be. I can’t wait.”
That’s all for our live coverage of the semi-final, which saw England beat Australia 3-1 and secure a place in the final against Spain on Sunday.
- The King congratulated the “mighty” Lionesses and sent them his “best wishes” for the final;
- Coach Sarina Wiegman said she felt like she was in a fairytale, having now taken two nations to a World Cup final;
- The government said there were “no plans” for an extra bank holiday in the event of an England win;
- London fan zones to watch the final sold out in less than 10 minutes;
- Goalscorer Alessia Russo said she was “buzzing” to celebrate with England supporters, while midfielder Georgia Stanway said of the victory: “Honestly, it doesn’t get any better than this.”