Disneyland Paris is in a sad mood having lost an employee to electrocution as he was carrying out maintenance works. The worker died on Saturday at the theme park’s Phantom Manor attraction.
Reports from Le Parisien says the 45-year-old man was inside the haunted house trying fix a light bulb before he was accidentally electrocuted. Fellow park employees discovered his body in the early morning hours, the park was not open to visitors at that time.
An autopsy to confirm his cause of death will be conducted.
In order to allow the police carry out investigations, the Phantom Manor attraction has remained closed from Saturday and will be opened today Wednesday.
“We are truly saddened to learn of the passing of one of our Cast Members, and our hearts go out to his family and friends during this very difficult time,” Disneyland Paris issued in a statement.”
Patrick Maldidier the Union’s Representative admitted that “He was very popular with his colleagues. He was someone who always had a smile.”