China supports and encourages all diplomatic efforts conducive to the peaceful settlement of the Ukrainian crisis, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi reiterated on Friday.
He made the remarks when he elaborated on China’s basic position on the Ukrainian issue during separate phone calls with British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss, the European Union’s High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Josep Borrell, and Emmanuel Bonne, diplomatic counselor to French President Emmanuel Macron.
Wang made clear the following five points regarding China’s stance.
• China firmly stands for respecting and safeguarding the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all countries and earnestly abiding by the purposes and principles of the UN Charter.
• China advocates the concept of common, comprehensive, cooperative and sustainable security.
• “China has been following the evolution of the Ukrainian issue, and the present situation is something we do not want to see.”
• China supports and encourages all diplomatic efforts conducive to the peaceful settlement of the Ukrainian crisis.
• China believes that the UN Security Council should play a constructive role in resolving the Ukrainian issue and that regional peace and stability, as well as the security of all countries, should be the priorities.