Megan Gale has shared every detail of her traumatic miscarriage which occurred in April, 2016.
The 41-year-old says that painful experience still has an impact on her, especially now that she’s in her second trimester.
Image: Megan Gale
She’s currently dating a 29-year-old AFL player named Shaun Hampson, and they’re a happy couple.
In January, Megan became the first Australian celebrity who publicly spoke about their miscarriage. The mother-of-one revealed details of her devastating motherhood experience in an interview with Show and Tell.
A preview of her chat with the news outlet was shared on Instagram last Sunday although a full version is expected on Monday.
According to the actress-model, there’s a big chance her miscarriage was a result of her first child’s “healthy arrival.”
River is now three years old, hale and hearty. Unfortunately, Megan lost her 8-week pregnancy in May last year and has been unsuccessful at several attempts to increase the family.
“With River I didn’t even really think about anything going wrong … I knew that … anyone can miscarriage,” said the fashion designer, “it’s hugely common. But my mind didn’t go there that much.
Image shows Shaun Hampson and Megan Gale.
Megan explained that she still has fear at every stage of her pregnancy, but adds that positivism and support from her partner lift her spirit on most occasions.
The Perth-born beauty who won a modeling competition at the age of 18, however, added that she’s aware that her fears stem from the previous loss. She called the trauma an acceptable natural effect.
“Last year having gone through a miscarriage, that was pretty obviously upsetting,” she said.
“So going in to this pregnancy, even when we were trying it’s just so daunting.”
“Whereas this time it’s been ‘Is it growing enough?’ before every scan it was ‘Am I going to see … is the heartbeat going to be there?’ …‘Am I going to get bad news again?’
“Stress is the worst thing I can do for myself and for my body.
“I really tried to put it all aside and so it’s been a very different pregnancy in that regard.
“Even now I’m still … almost at that point where I’m nearly in the second trimester and it should all be happy days … it’s just an underlying little worry there that I wish wasn’t there.
“But I think it’s natural after going through something like that.”
Megan took to Instagram on 2 June and shared a picture of her protruding tummy with the caption: “I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feeling of a baby moving inside of my belly. This time around though the experience of having River share in the joy of a baby on the way is truly special.”
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feeling of a baby moving inside of my belly ✨ This time around though the experience of having River share in the joy of a baby on the way is truly special ✨
Having experienced the pains of motherhood, Megan’s wealth of knowledge says conceiving and having babies should be considered as private matters. She advised people never to ask a woman her due date.
She said: “I would never ask someone ‘when are you going to have a baby’ or ‘when is the next one coming’ um ‘why haven’t you had a baby?’
“It’s such a private intimate part of your life deciding that you’re going to create another human with your partner that it really is no ones business,” she added.
“People do it so often now, I think it’s just such a common thing to ask. People don’t think there could be underlying issues going on.
“You do put a lot of pressure on someone when you ask that question because there may be a reason why they don’t want to answer it.”
- h_kruserI love that I felt I always had a little friend with me, I was never alone. Enjoy x
- opie_janieSame, miracles happen
- wotnotnaturalsSo special 🙌
- moniquehollyHi megan, just watching a promo story about the new wonder woman movie. I’m sure I remember a few years back that you were cast for the role as wonder woman, was wondering what happened?? ❤️❤️
- homeimadeCuuuuuuuuuute x
- kris2511So special my Sting. Enjoy this amazing time with your family. So lovely that River gets to share this with you too. Love you all so much. ❤️❤️❤️
- gabriellewainwright_It’s a magical feeling 😘❤️
- _brenda.lee_So beautiful
- kattymoore@megankgale It was my favourite thing about being pregnant and miss it so much. I had the experience three times so feel grateful for that. Enjoy while you can 😊
- myweightlosscoachaustraliaAll the very best x
- myrtleskitchenI remember 20 years ago you were playing peek a boo with my babies in the back of a VW in Newtown. I was like staring amazed by how cool it was. !!
- mrs_tasha_sharman92It’s the best feeling! 😍
- suzettesuzCongratulations, Megan😘
- kiddieseyecare#yummymummy #mummynow to Give River the best start to learning and life. Have an eye exam for him at an optometrist that understands and plays well with kids. 👁👁 good luck with bubs.
- sarahshawxoPure magic ✨✨
- chloeinrosesCongratulations Megs! How magical ♥️