21. The world’s loneliest island is the Tristan da cunha.
22. The word ‘Quiz’ was coined by Jim Daly Irishman.
23. The original meaning of ‘Quiz’ was Trick.
24. The busiest shopping centre of London is Oxford Street.
25. The residence of the Queen in London is Buckingham Palace.
26. Adolf Hitler was born in Austria.
27. The country whose National Anthem has only music but no words is Bahrain.
28. The largest cinema in the world is the Fox theatre, Detroit, USA.
29. The country where there are no Cinema theatres is Saudi Arabia.
30. The world’s tallest office building is the Sears Tower, Chicago.
31. In the year 1811, Paraguay became independent from Spain.
32. The cross word puzzle was invented by Arthur Wynne.
33. The city which was the capital of the ancient Persian Empire was Persepolis.
34. WHO stands for World Health Organization.
35. WHO (World Health Organization) is located at Geneva.
36. FAO stands for Food and Agriculture Organization.
37. FAO is located at Rome and London.
38. UNIDO stands for United Nations Industrial Development Organization.
39. UNIDO is located at Vienna.
40. WMO stands for World Meteorological Organization.
41. WMO is located at Geneva.
42. International Civil Aviation Organization is located at Montreal.
43. The Angel Falls is located in Venezuela.
44. The Victoria Falls is located in Rhodesia.
45. Ice Cream was discovered by Gerald Tisyum.
46. The number regarded as lucky number in Italy is thirteen.
47. Napoleon suffered from alurophobia which means Fear of cats.
48. The aero planes were used in war for the first time by Italians. (14 Oct.1911)
49. Slavery in America was abolished by Abraham Lincoln.
50. The Headquarters of textile manufacturing in England is Manchester.
51. The famous Island located at the mouth of the Hudson River is Manhattan.
52. The founder of plastic industry was Leo Hendrik Baekeland.
53. The country where military service is compulsory for women is Israel.
54. The country which has more than 10,000 golf courses is USA.
55. The famous painting ‘Mona Lisa’ is displayed at Louvre museum, Paris.
56. The earlier name for tomato was Love apple.
57. The first President of USA was George Washington.
58. The famous words ‘Veni Vidi Vici’ were said by Julius Caesar.
59. The practice of sterilization of surgical instruments was introduced by Joseph Lister.
60. The number of countries which participated in the first Olympic Games held at Athens was nine.
61. Mercury is also known as Quick Silver.
62. Disneyland is located in California, USA.
63. The country which built the first powerful long range rockets is Germany.
64. Sewing Machine was invented by Isaac M. Singer.
65. Adding Machine was invented by Aldrin.
66. The national emblem of Spain is Eagle.
67. Archimedes was born in Sicily.
68. The total area of Vatican City is 0.272 square kilometers.
69. The largest temple in the world is Angkor Wat in Kampuchea.
70. The largest dome in the world is Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA.
71. The largest strait in the world is Tartar Strait.
72. The Mohenjo-Daro ruins are found in Larkand District of Sind, Pakistan.
73. The largest city of Africa is Cairo.
74. The founder of KODAK Company was Eastman.
75. The Cape of Good Hope is located in South Africa.
76. The Heathrow Airport is located in London.
77. The neon lamp was invented by Georges Claude.
78. The last letter of the Greek alphabet is Omega.
79. The place known as the land of Lincoln is Illinois.
80. The US state Utah is also known as Beehive state.
81. The Kalahari Desert is located in Africa.
82. The Patagonian desert is located in Argentina.
83. The person known as the father of aeronautics is Sir George Cayley.
84. The most densely populated Island in the world is Honshu.
85. The two nations Haiti and the Dominion Republic together form the Island of Hispaniola.
86. The largest auto producer in the USA is General Motors.
87. The largest auto producing nation is Japan.
88. The famous ?General Motors? company was founded by William Durant.
89. The country that brings out the FIAT is Italy.
90. The first actor to win an Oscar was Emil Jannings.
91. The first animated colour cartoon of full feature length was Snow White and Seven Dwarfs.
92. The first demonstration of a motion picture was held at Paris.
93. The first country to issue stamps was Britain.
94. The actor who is considered as the biggest cowboy star of the silent movies is Tom Mix.
95. The Pentagon is located at Washington DC.
96. The world’s largest car manufacturing company is General Motors, USA.
97. The world’s biggest manufacturer of bicycles is Hero cycles, Ludhiana.
98. The world’s oldest underground railway is at London.
99. The White House was painted white to hide fire damage.
100. The largest oil producing nation in Africa is Nigeria.