1. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led chieftains of the party to the residence of former President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday. Among those who visited the former president were Senator Kashim Shettima, APC Vice-Presidential candidate, and five Governors.
2. Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says the country’s economy is in deeper trouble than the All Progressives Congress-led government is willing to admit. The former Vice President said this in a statement on Tuesday in Kano.
3. A building under construction has collapsed in one of the GSM markets in Kano. The building is located on Beirut road, a very busy area in Kano. Many people are feared trapped in the rubble as of the time of filing this report.
4. The Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, Malam Mele Kyari has said the importation of refined crude oil products to Nigeria will stop when Dangote Oil Refineries and Petrochemicals project comes on stream latest by the middle of next year.
5. The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet), in its latest weather forecast, has predicted four days of heavy rainfall in five northern States, as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The States to be affected by the downpour include parts of Kaduna, Niger, Bauchi, Plateau, Nasarawa, and the FCT.
6. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, has accused religious leaders, security agencies, and even some NNPC staff of the theft of the nation’s crude oil. The NNPC Group Chief Executive Officer, Kyari said this during the 49th session of the weekly ministerial brief at the State House in Abuja, stressing that oil theft is largely carried out by Nigerians.
7. The National Universities Commission (NUC) has fixed a meeting to deliberate on the strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The parley has been scheduled for September 6 at the NUC headquarters in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
8. Two 200-level students of the Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State, Tobiloba Daniel and Arewa Abayomi, have been found dead in their room in a hostel outside the premises of the institution. It gathered that Daniel and Abayomi were studying for the ongoing examination in the institution when they decided to go to the hostel to continue preparations for their exams the following day.
9. Men of the Kogi State Police Command have arrested a yet-to-be-identified man for allegedly killing his friend, Kehinde Ajayi, and burying his corpse at his house around Felele, in the Lokoja area of the State. Our correspondent gathered that the middle-aged suspect allegedly killed Ajayi on Sunday, July 24, 2022, and secretly buried his corpse at his residence.
10. Governor Nyesom Wike on Tuesday urged former Kaduna State governor, Ahmed Makarfi, to stop badmouthing him and be focused on ensuring he delivers victory in Kaduna for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in next year’s elections. Wike, during the inauguration of the sand-filled area and estate layout project in Ogbum-Nu-Abali, Port Harcourt, made the remark in response to Makarfi’s recent jabs at him over the raging crisis in the PDP.