MODRIC-SAGA: Inter Milan explain rift with Real Madrid

¬¿¨¡¤ÄªµÂÀïÆæ Luka Modric

Real Madrid boss Florentino Perez is offended by an alleged plot from Inter Milan to “unlawfully” woo Luka Modric over to Italy.

Perez opted to sue the Serie A Champions for making contact with Modric without first seeking permission from Madrid, and the La Liga giants say this unauthorized approach must be punished.

According to Cadena SER, a Spanish radio station, the Croatian captain has been linked to the Nerazzurri in recent weeks and media speculations favored an unexpected agreement before Saturday night when the Italian transfer window closed.

This disrespectful act from Milan posed a huge threat to their previously cordial relationship with Los Blancos. Under FIFA regulations, the Italian side needed permission from the Madrid board before contacting any contracted player, especially when the involved footballers are not on the transfer list.

However, Milan responded almost immediately after receiving a letter from FIFA regarding Madrid’s complaints about the alleged communication with World Cup star, Modric.

In their official statement, the Nerazzurri said: “…We were never in contact with Modric nor had any direct or indirect negotiations with the midfielder.”

La Gazzetta dello Sport noted that FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee is currently investigating the matter and will give its verdict soon.

Luka Modric is not for sale – Julen Lopetegui

 

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez recently said Luka Modric would be ready to leave the club if interested buyers are ready to part with a whopping €750m, but new coach Julen Lopetegui insists his star player is not available in the transfer market.

Luka Modric

Image: Luka Modric

In the aftermath of Modric’s performance at Russia 2018, speculations on his exit from the Santiago Bernabue have been rife in the media, with Italian club Inter Milan identified as his next destination.

Perez noted that the Golden Ball Winner will not leave Los Blancos unless a release clause of €750m is paid.

Reports from Italy revealed Modric, who has about 2 years left in his current contract with Madrid, has been communicating with Inter management with the hope of making a surprise switch. However, Perez insisted on Thursday during his visit to Madrid’s preseason training camp in the USA that Modric ‘will not move unless they pay €750m in full.’

A report from ESPN confirms the 2018 World Cup Player of the Tournament is still holidaying with his wife Vanja Bosnic in Sardinia. The famous footballer’s wife previously worked with his former footballer agent Zdravko Mamic. She is reportedly handling negotiations with Inter.

Modric has been of great service to Madrid and was a prominent part of the club’s four Champions League successes since 2013.

Speaking on the growing speculations, Madrid coach Lopetegui told AS as per Sports Illustrated: ‘My discussion with him [Modric] after his amazing World Cup outing aimed at having back to the club by 8th August, when he is expected to start preparations against the first big goal of the slated for 15 August.

‘I expressed love for him; I’m passionate about him and he knows it…His position in the team is not up for grabs.

‘He [Modric] is a Madrid player and will always be – for now. We enjoy having him among us.’

Inter has offered a £10 million-salary for the Croatian captain if he eventually makes it out of the Santiago Bernabue, Daily Mail reported.

Real Madrid considering a move for Robert Lewandoski

Robert Lewandoski is a household name in the football world, and Real Madrid’s increasing interest in him despite his club’s unwillingness to sell, proves the Poland international footballer still has a sizable market value at the age of 29.

Madrid president Florentino Pérez has openly lusted after Lewandoski since 2013 and coach Zinedine Zidane recently joined the chase, with an agreement in principle already in place.

Robert Lewandoski.jpg

Image: Robert Lewandoski

Zidane gave his consent for the club management to sign Lewandoski, who he selected as the best option to lead Madrid’s front line next season. The Spanish giants have also consulted Pini Zahavi, an Israeli agent for the Bayern Munich striker, as per reports from Mundo Deportivo.

Madrid board reached a decision to acquire the Bundesliga star who turns 30 in August with tried and tested abilities to deliver, instead of paying for young players who will need time to fit into the club’s league and global football objectives.

 

This change from Madrid’s recent transfer policy was nurtured during the 2012-13 season, when Lewandoski, then a Borussia Dortmund striker, scored four goals against Los Blancos in their Champions League semi-final (first leg). Media reports confirmed Perez picked interest in the Polish player and wanted him in Spain.

When Perez finally got an opportunity to speak with the Dortmund player, he asked: “Do you want to play in Madrid?”

“Speak with my representative,” Lewandoski replied with smiles, but signed for Bayern Munich the following year.

While Madrid is yet to officially open talks with the German club, media reports speculate that Lewandoski, who is a top scorer for the Bundesliga giants, is not for sale. However,  Manu Sainz of AS suggests a price close to 100 million euros could stir Bayern to reconsider their decisions.

Interestingly, with that amount offered, and a possible forgoing of the 42 million payment Madrid is supposed to accrue from James Rodriguez’s loan services due next summer, the chances and plans appear feasible.

Madrid have pulled back on Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane for fear that the club would ask for an exorbitant price although there are rumors that the reasons are his introverted nature and a possibility that life outside the United Kingdom would be unsuitable for him.

Manchester United and Chelsea as some of the big names chasing after Lewandoski, whose contract at the Allianz Arena remains valid until 2021.

With Zidane looking forward to overhauling his team after a disappointing season in La Liga, Lewandoski’s arrival in Spain would most likely mark an end for Karim Benzema, who has scored only 7 goals in 31 games this season.

Why Cristiano Ronado is leaving Real Madrid

Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly asked to leave the Spanish club side amid allegations of tax fraud and total disregard for his contributions to football development.

The Portugal international footballer is angry with the authorities for an inhuman way he has been treated — just like Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Mascherano and Neymar.

A Bola, a Portuguese news outlet reported that AS Monaco, PSG and Ronnie’s former club Manchester United are among the top clubs which are willing to break the banks to have him in their squad.

According to the report, Ronaldo has already made his firm decision known to Madrid president Florentino Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez.

His current contract which was signed last November expires in 2021, but Perez has said he will not “hold anybody against his will.”

There are wide speculations that any club going for the 32-year-old’s signature will be ready to part with something above $150m

Marca reported that CR7 will likely stay at the Santiago Bernabeu as efforts are being made to calm him down.

“Ronaldo considers that he has been used as an example in an unfair and disproportionate way, when he tried to solve possible errors with his taxes voluntarily,” writes the sports news outfit.

Spanish prosecutors are accusing the 4-time Ballon d’Or winner of avoiding taxes valued at $16.5m for a period of three years.

Nuno Luz, a Portuguese journalist said CR7 is mad at the authorities but is likely to stay in Spain for other reasons.

“…He likes Spain, he lives in a perfect city like Madrid, he has a Spanish girlfriend, but at the moment, and he won’t say it, Ronaldo doesn’t feel protected by Madrid,” Luz said.

“He’s pissed off because it’s not a player issue, it’s a club one in the fiscal sense, but I do not want to talk about this too much because I know a lot.”

Manchester City is another big club which football analysts believe may successfully seduce Ronaldo to play in the English Premier League again.

Zidane – I’m not the World Best

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has refuted claims from fans and football analysts who have continuously sang his praises since his 2016-17 UEFA Champions League victory against Italian club side Juventus on 3 June.

The 44-year-old tactician says he’s far from being the best coach ever, despite his historical CL and La Liga double.

Zidane, a former Madrid player-turned-coach, spoke with Antena 3 in a post-match interview. He advised that attention should be on his awesome players and the great Spanish club instead.

Read: How Zinedine Zidane Is Breaking Records At Real Madrid.

“It has been a great year,” Zidane said on the field with reference to their historical achievements within a calendar year: a UEFA Champions League, the La Liga, one Club World Cup and a UEFA Super Cup.

“We have to congratulate all the players and this great club,” he said.

“With this squad of players and their hard work, we know we can win these things.”

The world cup winner couldn’t hide his joy for their remarkable success in world football. He continued, “I am happy. I do not know how to show it, but inside I am satisfied.”

Zizou is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, but he’s not having any of that big-headed title.

Read: Zinedine Zidane – ‘We Know The Difficulty Of Winning La Liga.’

The former attacking midfielder isn’t letting his records get into his head, so when asked about his “undeniable” position as the world’s best coach, the Frenchman replied in all modesty, saying: “No, no, I am not that.”

Read: Ronaldo To End Career At Real Madrid, Florentino Perez Confirms.

Madrid president Florentino Perez showered encomiums on the manager, saying: “He [Zidane] is someone who all Madrid supporters have to thank, he took us to another level in 2001 and he’s given us an exhibition.

“He’s been here for 17 months and in 17 months he has done everything.

“We are very happy, we’ve won, we played well. I don’t know where to start, the players, the manager, the supporters, the way the Juventus fans behaved.”

Perez was asked about Zidane’s contract talks, but the 70-year-old Spanish businessman and former politician revealed: “He [Zidane] says this to free himself of the pressure that goes comes with talk of contract renewals.

“He said that he hadn’t won anything and he has won it all.

“We’ll speak to Zidane, he is the leader of the orchestra, and there won’t be any problems at all.”

Ronaldo To End Career At Real Madrid, Florentino Perez Confirms.

Rumors were rife in the past that Cristiano Ronaldo was on his way out of Real Madrid but the recent Champions League victory has changed his relationship with club President, Florentino Perez.

WATCH: Florentino Perez taunts Barcelona fan after Real Madrid's Champions League victory

Image: Real Madrid President, Florentino Perez.

The 69-year-old says he wants Cristiano Ronaldo at the club ‘forever’ and added that Zinedine Zidane ‘changed history.’

Continue reading “Ronaldo To End Career At Real Madrid, Florentino Perez Confirms.”