Advertisements

Erdogan To Drop Lawsuits Against Those Who Insulted Him.

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has announced he will show some kindness to his political enemies by withdrawing all lawsuits against people who have been charged with insulting him. This, he says, will serve as a “one-off gesture of goodwill” which has been inspired by feelings of unity in the country in the wake of the recent failed military coup.

Image:  Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan

Earlier this year, Turkish authorities said that around 2,000 people were facing such charges, Malta Today reported.

This unbelievable “act of goodwill” comes after a week that has witnessed accusations from Turkish government against the CIA, US government and a few other American military personnel alleged to have spearheaded the failed coup attempt.

Erdogan unequivocally stood his stand against the world’s superpowers who dared to criticize his merciless clampdown on coup plotters, advising that they “mind their own business”.

Read: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Reaffirms US General Was Behind The Failed Coup.

“Some people give us advice. They say they are worried. Mind your own business! Look at your own deeds,” he said.

“Not a single person has come to give condolences either from the European Union or from the West. These countries or leaders who are not worried about Turkey’s democracy, the lives of our people, its future – while being so worried about the fate of the putchists – cannot be our friends.”

Earlier on Friday, Erdogan blasted US general Joseph Votel, head of the US Central Command, warning him to “know your place”.

“You are taking the side of coup plotters instead of thanking this state for defeating the coup attempt,” he said.

Votel had said: “We have certainly had relationships with a lot of Turkish leaders – military leaders in particular. I am concerned about what the impact is on those relationships as we continue.”

According to Malta Today, over 66,000 public sector workers have been dismissed from their posts in the wake of the failed coup and over 50,000 passports have been cancelled.

“The state has also shut down 142 media outlets and detained several journalists.

On Thursday evening, Turkey announced a military reshuffle that included the dishonorable discharge of some 1,700 military servicemen. Around 40% of generals and admirals have been discharged since the coup, the report adds.

Advertisements
About meziesblog.com (4123 Articles)
I'm a China-based teacher, blogger and freelance writer readily available for hire.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: