In today’s business world, visibility is everything. Just like food and water replenishes our body, so the online presence in today’s competitive world.
Listings on Google My Business permit your business information to appear before the first search result when potential customers are searching for your services.
Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool from Google that helps business owners manage their online presence across the search engine, easily connect with customers, and increase their visibility on Google Local Pack, Google Maps, and Local Finder.
GMB is a platform that makes it possible for your potential customers to learn more about you and your business and connect with you.
Below are simple steps on how to completely optimize your Google My Business to get more customers:
1.Conduct a Google search to ensure your business doesn’t already have one.
2. Sign in to Google My Business. Go to http://www.google.com/business to sign in.
3. Complete your business information and add a description. Ensure to input your main business category. Choose the category that fits your business best. Use relevant keywords in your business description.
4. State clearly your business location(s) or where you serve your customers
5. Add contact information for the business, including the contact phone number and the current website URL.
6. Keep your business operating hours accurate
7. Finish and manage your listing. Click Finish to publish the listing.
8. Verify your Google My Business listing to get it live and visible. Google will send you a verification code postcard that you will use to verify your listing and your business will officially be live. Verifying your business is crucial for the visibility and performance of the listing.
9. Upload more and better images. All photos should follow Google best practices: Format: JPG or PNG. Size: Between 10KB and 5MB. Minimum resolution: 720px tall, 720px wide. Quality: The photo should be in focus and well-lit, and have no alterations or excessive use of filters. The image should represent reality.
10. Respond to Google My Business reviews (yes, all of them). Let customers message you. Manage and respond to customer reviews
11. Use posts to promote events, offers, and content. Publish Google posts weekly
12. Create and upload new photos, videos, products e.t.c at least weekly
Equip yourself and members of staff with the relevant skills to optimize opportunities in the digital space. Optimizing your digital ecosystem will surely improve your customer experience and boost sales.
You can reach out to me for customized and practical training on the following: